August 20, 2012

Let the Amazing Shine

I've found, as Cameron grew, I was able to cope with parenting a child with special needs if I reminded myself, often, of just how the world is from his eyes. 

I read books, went to conferences, information sessions and met with other parents.

It helped to remind me that he was always doing the best that he could at the time.

Sometimes I cried.....

But that was okay, I'm only human and I'm always doing the best I can at the time too.
 

These days, there is so much information online some good, some not so good.


The following YouTube clip is one of the good ones.












It was also comforting to me, to remember that this wasn't the long, dark tunnel of parenting it sometimes seemed.

Cameron is a gift. 

I didn't want to change him......

Why would I want to make someone so special 
                                      the same as everyone else?


He has gifts, 
            they may not be the same as others, 
                                                or as obvious.

They may not be gifts that fit into what we call

 mainstream

He may sometimes be a square peg 
trying to fit into the round hole of society.

But

He is a unique individual, with amazing talents. 

He just needed us to teach him in a unique way.

Unconventional for the unconventional.

Why?

Because we need these clever and gifted individuals.

So they can invent, create, make, do,

The next amazing thing.

The following clip highlights some of those 
amazing and gifted individuals.







Why would we want to mess with any of that?


It's okay to let the amazing, unique individual shine..

You may be sitting next to the next Einstein.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment